Staff training and professional development
What are your training needs? We've listed a few areas to whet your appetite! We would be pleased to discuss how we might be able to help – so please contact us
- Disrupted early attachment; the impact on learning and behaviour
- Managing challenging behaviour, trauma, anxiety and learning
- What makes multi-agency working work?
- Running Marlborough Model Multi-Family Therapy Groups in schools
- Violence in the school and family; early intervention projects
- Fierce compassion; Developing therapeutic teaching
- Perpetrator or victim?
- Intergenerational trauma: Routes to change
- ‘Families at risk’ in school. What works?
- Why Play? Play Therapy and learning
- Supporting Foster Carers
- Facilitating Staff Support Groups
- Working with Groups
- Managing conflict
- Nurture and Attachment in Schools
- Understanding the Residential Task
Individual help for children and young people
Our services for individual children usually begin with an educational psychotherapy assessment. We use cognitive and projective tools to enable insight into emotional difficulties that are impacting on learning. The assessment package runs over a six week period and comprises:
- family meeting
- classroom observation
- four one-to-one one hour sessions with the child
- assessment report
- implementation meeting
The assessment report, for staff and parents, makes links between behaviour, learning issues and the child’s emotional experience. Clear practical advice and recommendations are offered for school staff and parents. Please contact us for further details.