Programme Manager and Senior Therapist
The School & Family Works (“SFW”) is a dynamic and expanding organisation which provides multi-family group therapy in primary schools in areas of high deprivation. Our vision is to increase the wellbeing of family members and to help their children succeed in school. Our key service (which is known as Family Group) takes a holistic approach involving children, parents, school staff and our therapists. Together, we identify and break through cycles which may have been repeated from generation to generation. Come and join us!
This is an exciting and new senior post based in West London and the person concerned will play a key role in developing and implementing our strategy managing a key programme delivering Family Groups in a range of West London schools. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Senior Team, you will have significant experience managing projects and have a background as a therapist . In addition to managing the programme a key responsibility of the role is to manage other therapists and to support them to deliver the outcomes that have been agreed with our partner schools and funders.
What are we looking for? Someone:
- with strong project management skills and the ability to motivate, guide and develop project staff
- who is a professionally qualified and registered therapist. Recent experience of working with children is preferred but not essential
- with presence who will have credibility with senior school staff, parents and a range of funders
- who is a self starter who can gets things done
- who is positive, enthusiastic and a good team player
Why should you join SFW? Because:
- we transform lives. There is tremendous job satisfaction through enabling children and parents to help themselves to increase their wellbeing, improve relationships and fulfil their potential
- this job is flexible. We need someone to work at least four days a week during the school terms but we can be more flexible in the holidays. The exact time commitment can be agreed between us
- the financial rewards are competitive. We offer a salary in the range £45,000- 50,000 per annum for a full time worker and the company will match your pension contributions (currently 5% of salary)
- being a key member of a small team is fun
SFW is fully committed to safeguarding. Please note that all our roles require an enhanced DBS check.
Diversity is valued at SFW and it is important in the work that we do.
For further details please access the Programme Manager job description.
Candidates should apply by email to Anna, our Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the role. The closing date is Monday 5th October with interviews likely to take place week commencing 19th October.