‘I was cross and I had a hot feeling in my tummy. But I feel better now and my brain is back in my head.’ (Family Group member, aged 5)
Title: Therapist/Psychotherapist, 1-2 days/week, term-time only
Would you like to work for a small social enterprise providing long-term group therapy to disadvantaged children and their parents/care-givers within London area schools? We are recruiting for two new therapists to join our team.
You: A lively therapist with a background of working with children and/or families, e.g. family therapist, play therapist, integrated arts psychotherapist, educational psychotherapist or drama therapist
· Qualified with 5+ years’ experience (UKCP, BACP, BAPT)
· Interested in group work/systemic change
· Available to work mid-week (Tues, Weds or Thurs) and available for supervision and team meetings on one Friday per month.
· Comfortable working within a school environment and with school leadership teams
· Competitive salary
· Training in our Theory of Change and ‘Family Group’ methodology
· Group and individual supervision
Working within a school, with a school-based member of staff, to deliver ‘Family Group’ on-site with up to eight families whose children are struggling at school. This includes:
· Working with the school to identify and recruit children and their families to the Family Group
· Deliver the three-hour Family Group weekly session in accordance with our prescribed procedures
· Work with teachers and school leaders to raise the profile of Family Group at school with staff and parents
· Collect evidence of change across the school year – e.g. Goodman’s SDQ, My Outcomes
· Update and maintain the Family Group online register
· Keep connections with ‘graduate’ children and families to support the long-term change
The School & Family Works (SFW) is a small, not for profit, social enterprise based in Richmond, Surrey. Our purpose is to transform the lives of children who are failing at school because of behavioural, emotional and/or family issues and to enable long term change.
Ours is a dedicated, stimulating team of experienced psychotherapists with various specialisms, led by an innovative CEO committed to enabling systemic change. We offer a supportive, dynamic and nurturing working environment in which you can have fun while making a real difference for children, families and schools.
For the past nine years, SFW has run Family Groups based on the Marlborough multi-family therapy model in maintained schools in the south west of London. Family Groups support Key Stage 1,2 and 3 pupils in mainstream and special schools.
Interested? Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer committed to equal opportunities in all its practices, SFW recognises that groups and individuals are discriminated against on the basis of age, gender, ethnic origin, race, nationality, colour of skin, sexual orientation, impairment (physical, sensory or learning), physical appearance, marital or other life status, religious or political belief and other differences that cannot be justified.
It is the policy of The School & Family Works that no employee or prospective employee will receive less favourable treatment or be disadvantaged by any circumstances, conditions or requirements that cannot be justified.