TRANSGENERATIONAL CHANGE LIMITED – PROGRAMME MANAGER
We are Transgenerational Change Limited (“TCL”), a company limited by guarantee with charitable objects and an asset lock. We are a social business that must reinvest any profits. Our trading name is The School & Family Works (“SFW”) and we work in the London region from our base in West London (Petersham).
Our purpose is to advance the education and promote the wellbeing and mental health of children and other members of disadvantaged families through the provision of therapy, support and practical advice. Our key service is the provision by qualified psychotherapists of multi-family therapy groups in partnership with schools (usually in areas of high deprivation) for vulnerable and disadvantaged families. These are known as Family Groups (“FGs”).
In 2020/21, we expect to be managing 13 FGs. 7 of these will be in West London (Hounslow, Richmond and Kingston). A significant amount of funding for these 7 has been provided by the National Lottery (Reaching Communities) as part of an ambitious project known as Transforming Lives. The budget for this five year project is approximately £200,000 per annum.
We are now looking to recruit a member of our executive team to become the Programme Manager for the Transforming Lives project. When appropriate, the successful candidate will also be expected to act as deputy to our Chief Executive and Founder, Mark Griffiths.
Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: The therapists working with the 7 Transforming Lives schools; Two other SFW staff providing specialist support to FG parents in Hounslow as part of the Transforming Lives project.
Executive team colleagues: CEO, Finance Director and Operations Manager
Hours of work/Holidays: This is a 0.8 fte or full time post. Ideally, we need you to be available full time in term time but we are prepared to be flexible for the right candidate. Minimum holiday entitlement will be based on 33 days per annum for a full time employee, most of which will be expected to be taken during the school holidays
Salary: Negotiable but expected to be £45,000-£50,000 per annum plus an employer’s pension contribution of 5% of salary. This assumes 40 hours a week during the school terms
Your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Programme Management – Transforming Lives
Establishing and chairing a Project Steering Group
Liaising with the Project Adviser (Seema Malhotra MP)
Monitoring all project activities (7 FGs, Graduate Group for parents, plus support activities including a separate Community Food project)
Stakeholder development and liaison. Stakeholders include FG parents/children, representatives of partner schools and funders (including representatives of charities and independent schools)
Knowledge sharing amongst the 7 participating schools
Ensuring delivery of all outcomes
Reporting to the project’s funders (including the National Lottery)
- Line management of the Transforming Lives team (including the Food Project lead and the Graduate Group lead)
- Ensuring high quality and consistent therapeutic approaches for all staff
Line managing the therapists with responsibility for 4 West London FGs. We call this acting as a Practice Development Consultant (“PDC”)
Liaising with TCL’s other PDCs
Act as the safeguarding lead for the 7 West London schools
Liaising with the external supervisor(s) of the Transforming Lives therapists
- General management
Attending weekly executive team meetings
Chairing monthly therapists’ meetings
Supporting quarterly Board meetings
Helping with recruitment/training of therapists
Deputising for the CEO whenever appropriate
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at a time of development.
- You will have experience of being a successful project manager within a therapeutic service in the local authority or third sector
- A professional qualification in therapy is required
- Experience of working with schools
- Experience of managing other therapists
- Experience in a supervisory or quality assurance role in therapeutic practice
- Significant safeguarding experience
- A Supervision qualification would be an advantage
- Clinical management experience
- Knowledge of the Marlborough Multi-Family Therapy Group model would be helpful
- A comprehensive understanding of the challenges schools face in delivering pastoral care in multi-cultural contexts and where families and the school students are facing daily struggles with poverty, violence and racism
- Intelligent, creative and quick on the uptake
- Excellent project management skills. Well organised, efficient and action orientated
- A self-starter with energy, initiative, imagination and an ability to get things done
- Happy to work in a small team with limited administrative support
- Strong people management skills
- Experience of and ability to understand, the complexities faced by families living in challenging circumstances
- A strong commitment to TCL’s values
- Good communication skills (orally and in writing)
- Comfortable with technology – email, Office etc
- Presence - with the ability to represent TCL in a wide range of settings
- Good team player
- Flexible – we are a small organisation and this is a new role so there will be a degree of flexibility in shaping the role
For further information about our work, please see www.theschoolandfamilyworks.co.uk
For our family facing website, see https://www.sfwfamilygroup.org
Social media – Facebook @SFWFamilyGroup
Candidates should apply by email to Anna, our Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the role. The closing date is Monday 5th October with interviews likely to take place week commencing 19th October.